The Peace Library is a specialist research library that focuses on the fields of conflict management, negotiation and mediation, and broader peace issues, with a strong pan-African focus. The library supports the work of practitioners and researchers at the Centre for Conflict Resolution. We are also open to the public.
- The General Collection contains books, manuals and reports on many aspects of conflict management, peacekeeping, peacebuilding, mediation and negotiation.
- The Youth Collection brings together material relating to issues facing youth. Material in the collection covers among other subjects, violence and children, discrimination, diversity, emotions and youth, bullying, facilitation, peer mediation and peacemaking skills.
- The Video Collection includes material about conflict management and negotiation in different situations including in communities between people, in prisons and schools. There are also more general videos, many on Africa.
- The Journal Collection comprises selected academic journals in the field. A large number of newsletters and magazines are exchanged with organisations similar to ourselves.
- The Pamphlet Collection includes many items written from the 1960s-1990s on conflict resolution topics, as well as mediation and negotiation during the transition to democracy in South Africa.
Please note that the Peace Library will be closed until the end of April 2017.